The 12 Days of Craftmas is here! For the first video, I wanted something fun and colorful. That screamed a stocking with sparkles to me! So here you go!
Crochet Stocking Ornament
- Yarn - Lion Brand Bonbons in Jingle Bells (Color A was the solid red and Color B was the white with red sparkle)
- US Size F 3.75mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- MR = Magic Ring/Magic Circle
- Ch = Chain Stitch
- Dc = Double Crochet Stitch
- Sl st = Slip Stitch
- Dc4tog = Double Crochet 4 Together = *Yarn over, insert hook into next st, yo, pull through 2* x 4; Yo, pull through all loops on hook.
- Dc2tog = Double Crochet 2 Together = *Yarn over, insert hook into next st, yo, pull through 2* x 2; Yo, pull through all loops on hook.
- The first part of the pattern is worked without counting the chain ups, but once you reach the second row of the heel flap, you will count the turning chain/chain ups. I have marked this with ** in the pattern.
- If you find that you're having difficulty inserting your hook into the top of the chain, you might want to Ch 3 instead of Ch 2. For me, I find that my work usually looks better if I only Ch 2, but Ch 3 is the norm.
Rnd 1: With Color A, MC, Ch2, 12 Dc into circle, sl st in 1st Dc to join.
Rnds 2-3: Ch 2, Dc in same st as sl st, Dc in next 11 sts, sl st in 1st Dc to join.
Row 1: Ch 2, Dc in same st as sl st, Dc in next 5 sts, Ch 2 and turn.
Row 2: Dc in next 5 sts, Ch 2, turn. **From now on, you will count the turning chain/chain ups as stitches.
Row 3: Dc4tog, Dc in top of turning chain.
*If you are going to weave in the first tail, do so now to make it easier.
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 4 Dc evenly into side of heel flap, dc2tog, Dc in next 6 sts, dc2tog, 4 Dc evenly into side of heel flap, sl st in top of chain to join.
Rnd 2: Ch 2, Dc in next 3 sts, dc2tog, dc in next 6 sts, dc2tog, dc in next 3 sts, sl st to join.
Rnd 3: Ch 2, Dc in each st around, sl st to join.
Rnd 4: Ch 2, Dc in next 14 sts. Dc in next, but before completing last yo and pull through, change to Color B. Sl st to join.
Rnd 5: Ch 2, Dc in each st around, sl st to join.
Ch 16, sl st in same as last sl st to join.
Bind off and weave in ends.