The deadline approaches for the Birthday Craft-Along, so be sure to get your entries in over on the Crafting With Claudie Ravelry group before the end of this month for a chance to win 2 skeins of Knit Picks Felici in Candy Jar!
- Kaiya Mei hat by Jamie Hoffman -- I did this pattern as written including needle sizes. For the yarn, I used Red Heart Soft in White and Watercolors.
- KitKat Hat by Andre Sue Knits -- I used Red Heart Soft Watercolors and it pooled/flashed so interestingly! The way the colorway is formed and my tension made most of the body of the hat look like columns! I used the recommended needles, but I cast on 76 stitches.
- Expansion Baby Blanket by Crafting With Claudie -- Yep, that's me! I posted the tutorial/pattern last Monday so check it out for all the details. The pdf version should be on Ravelry in the near future!
- Flaming June Cardigan by Cheryl Naimath -- I call this one Freezing January because that's when I started it. :) I am using Knit Picks Hawthorne in Blackbird and Slate and my US 5 3.75mm Chiaogoo interchangeable needles. It's living in my Fat Squirrel Fibers project bag. The stitch marker is from Sucre Sucre Miniatures.
- Still working on the cross-stitch pattern from RHT Embroidery. Platform 9 3/4 needle minder is from Delicious Threads.
- The Webs Anniversary sale got me! So I bought a 16 inch circular interchangeable Knitter's Pride Nova Platina set. I also had to pick up a skein of James C Brett Marble Chunky in Blue Violet/MC31 because it was on a heavy sale and Mingmow enabled me by showing off a skein she bought, haha! It did cause me to break one of my 2016 Crafty Goals, but I don't feel too bad about it!
- I also got some wonderful candles and smelly good things from Bubble and Geek.
- I did a little work in the kitchen. I had to replace the bazillion year old caulk around the countertop and paint the backsplash and wall something other than the not-so-great color they've been since the previous owners made that (horrible) decision. Lesson -- after buying a house don't wait so long to make updates, haha. :)
- I finally decluttered the guest room. That is the place where things linger for years. So, I got to say goodbye to exciting things like my senior prom dress, picture frames, and curtains. Oh, and a LOT of extra hangers that were in the closet in there.
- I caught up on Supernatural finally.
- The latest seasons of Archer and Bojack Horseman were finished (and enjoyed).
- Currently watching the second season of Salem.
- I forgot to mention that I listened to the Coldest Girl in Coldtown audiobook by Holly Black. I'll talk about that next time.