Onto the show notes!
If you see Amy or me at the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival on Saturday, please come over and say, "hi." We'd be delighted to meet you!
- I saw Cabaret on Sunday and OMG, it was so good! The story ends on a depressing sort of note, but the performance was excellent and the cast was great!
- The weekend before, we made the trip down south to visit with family and attend my cousin's baby shower. I delivered presents to my family that I'd been holding onto (like the hat I made for my mom and the KitKat hat I made for my niece). At the baby shower, I gave my cousin the baby blanket I made for the Expansion Baby Blanket video. I picked those colors out with her and her new little one in mind and she LOVES it. I'm glad I could make her happy and visit with everyone.
- Vintage Rose Potholder - pattern by Pammy Sue Scott -- I used a G 4.25 mm hook and some random cotton yarn. The white and red are Sugar N Creme and I think the green is I Love This Cotton.
- Spinning got a little love this time. Fiber and spindle by Turtle Made.
- Blazing June cardigan by Cheryl Naimeth -- It's been a while since I showed this one and only have a few inches of progress to show you, but I love it! The yarn is Knit Picks Hawthorne in Blackbird and Slate. I'm using Chiaogoo interchangeables in the 3.75 mm (US 5) size. It's a bit too bag for the Fat Squirrel Fibers bag I'm using to house it.
- Mitts for me! -- I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash Sport in black and daffodil. I still haven't checked the needle size, but I want to say they're size 5 as well. The mitts are living in a SouthPaw Creations project bag.
- Basic socks also for me! -- I'm using Knit Picks Felici in Gummy Bear, 2.5 mm needles, and a Fat Squirrel Fibers sheepy bag to keep it all together. These will be a little longer than I usually make socks for me because I love these colors!!!
- Joann's had a sale plus a coupon so I bought beads and charms. Those pandas are so cute!
- I bought some Golden Snitch sweater pins from Little Tesoros Gifts and these are so freaking cute! I think I'll post a picture over on Instagram to show the detail.
Watched and Read
- We watched Keanu on Saturday and it was really funny! The cat was freaking adorable too!
- I'm reading the Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts. So far so good. Just some light reading to tide me over until a library hold comes in. :)