November 2, 2016
Show And Tell #36 - Halloween
Hi!!! It's been so long! I apparently put show notes on hiatus, but I'm back now with the latest Show and Tell and all the details. If you have any questions about previous episodes, please don't hesitate to ask.
- Speckley Socks. Yarn is "This Is Halloween" from Undead Yarns. I used size 2.5 mm needles. The sock blockers are from Knitter's Pride.
- Failynn Fox Cowl by Heidi May/Velvet Acorn Designs. Yarn is Knit Picks Mighty Stitch Super Bulky in Orange, Black, and Cream. I used my Chiaogoo Interchangeable Needles. Project bag by SouthPaw Creations.
- I wove in the ends on a whole bunch of socks! :D
- Flaming June Cardigan by Cheryl Naimeth. Only one sleeve and some seaming to go! :D Yarn is Knit Picks Hawthorne Kettle Dye in Slate (grey) and Blackbird (black). I used my Chiaogoo Interchangeables. Project bag is from Fat Squirrel Fibers.
- Be Simple Variations Shawl by Carolyn Glauz-Todrank using my HANDSPUN!!! I might be a little excited about this. I'm using size 9 needles and the project bag is from Lamby Toes.
- I did a little work on my cross stitch project from RHT Embroidery.
- Halloween themed stitch markers from Sucre Sucre Miniatures.
- Knit Picks Mighty Stitch Bulky in Ash and Mighty Stitch Super Bulky to make the fox cowl. I also picked up a crochet hook set to take with me on trips. Emergency crocheting happens!
- I bought some cables for my Chiaogoo interchangeables (I lost one and bought a couple of longer sizes as well. I also picked up some 12 inch Chiaogoo Red Circulars. All of this was from Grandma's Knit and Crochet's etsy shop.
- Joann and Michael's had their Halloween stuff marked way down so I picked up some washi tape and some buttons. I also bought a Chibi darning needle set with the bent tips using a coupon.
- All the things from the BBC on Netflix. My favorite thing has been Great British Castles.
- Leading up to Halloween, I have been rewatching the Harry Potter movies. <3 as always.
- Hocus Pocus will be watched on Halloween evening!
- There have been some plumbing fixes attempted. I should probably just hire a plumber... :)
- There has been a lot of other things going on, but honestly most of it is just depressing. I've been focusing on yarn and keeping busy so that's good!
- I am attempting NaKniSweMo during the month of November. I'm doing the Viatori sweater vest by Julia Farwell-Clay using the Knit Picks Mighty Stitch Bulky I just bought. Be on the lookout for the occasional update about it through the month of November.