I've had lots of things happening over the past two weeks since we last hung out together! Valentine's Day and my birthday were both in there so there was a LOT of celebrating and just good ol' happiness! There were also gifts, which I'll talk about in a little bit.
Before I dive right in, I just want to say that I'm hosting a Birthday Craft-Along and I hope that you will join in! I go over the details in the video, but I just wanted to add a little bit on here as well because I want to share my birthday happiness with everyone! :) Links and rules below.
Now onto the notes!
- Earbud Pouch by Mary Keenan - I used some leftover sock yarn that I used to make my first ever knitted socks for me! It's Lion Brand Sock-Ease in the Rock Candy colorway. I also used US 1 2.25 mm needles to make this quick gift for my music-loving husband as part of his Valentine's Day gift.
- Lambing Mitts by Veronika Jobe - I will be making myself a pair I do believe! This pattern was quick and straight-forward so I highly recommend it. I used US 7 needles and Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Chestnut Heather.
- Charity Hats - Part of my 2016 Crafty Goals is to make 24 hats or scarves for charity and I was able to get 4 of them done. I did each a little differently because I'm testing out my way to get a basic double crochet beanie the way I want it to be. Once I've figured all that out, I'll let you all know! :)
- Socks using the stitch pattern from the Syncopation Socks by Mary Henninger - I have done a rounded toe, and am ready to do a Fish Lips Kiss Heel on one sock which I'll do once I've caught up with the other one since I'm doing them in tandem. I'm using US 1 2.5 mm needles and Paton's Kroy FX in Cascade Colors
- Turtle Made Fiber and 3D printed Turkish spindle - I'm almost done with the first 2 ounces. Once I've let that rest a bit, I'll start on the next 2 ounces. I'm loving the yarn I'm creating!
- I did buy a couple of board games for my husband for Valentine's Day (Castles of Mad King Ludwig and Agricola).
- My husband bought me yarn for Valentine's Day and I did a haul video so check that out.
- He's really awesome and bought me a guitar for my birthday since I've always wanted to learn to play. So far so good except for me having short fingers. I'll keep on keepin' on!
- I've watched a little Nurse Jackie and DS9, but I didn't watch much TV except for on my birthday.
The Birthday Craft-Along is all about things to do with birthdays. You can use materials you received for your birthday or the project can be for someone's birthday. It can even be for a newborn! They did just have a birthday after all! When you post your photo in the Finished Objects thread over on my Ravelry group, just describe how this project fits in to the birthday theme. :) Feel free to use the tag #birthdaycraftalong on social media!
For the rules:
- This is a Craft-Along so it includes crochet, knitting, spinning, loom knitting, weaving, cross-stitch, sewing, quilting, etc. If you are in doubt, ask over in the chatter thread to make sure your craft will count.
- Your entry needs to be the finished item so if you are doing a modular blanket, the entire blanket would count not the individual pieces within.
- You must post a photo and a description in the Finished Objects thread about how your project is related to birthdays somehow.
- Feel free to double or triple dip with other CAL/KALs. As long as the other along is okay with it, so am I!
- Multiple entries are welcome just as long as your project isn't teeny tiny to be fair to everyone. If you are doing teeny tiny projects, group them together as one entry. Feel free to ask if you need clarification over in the chatter thread.
- Your project needs to be started no earlier than Feb. 22, 2016 so no WIPs this time.
- You must be a member of the group to be eligible for any prizes.
- In order for me to award a prize, there must be at least 15 participants. If we have a lot more participants, there is a chance of more prizes so spread the word!
- The prize is currently to be determined. I'll let you all know once I have that sorted out.
This Craft-Along ends on March 31, 2016 so get your entries in! If we get the number of participants needed, I will announce the prize winner(s) on April 4th (or the next time I record after it closes).